Monday, October 10, 2011

Domestic Mondays

After a few months of a break from this whole blogging thing, I've decided to give it another shot, but with a new mindset.  I want to share more of what God is teaching me each and everyday by what's going on in my life those days.
  
Mondays are supposed to be my "day off".  I work as the Worship Coordinator and Women's Ministry Coordinator at my church, so much of my week is spent in preparation for our Tuesday Night Bible Study and our Worship Service on Sunday mornings.
  
Therefore, Mondays are to be my Sabbath in a sense, and it is, at least from the church office.  However, when you are a full-time homeschooling Mama, there's no such thing as a day off.  Instead, of being my "day off", Mondays are my day to be at home.
  
It's the day I clean the house, do the laundry, and make sure I know what we're doing for school for the week.  


It's the day I spend making apple pie filling with all of the apples we picked last weekend at the orchard or letting the kids get out the craft and art supplies and go nuts with the colored pipe cleaners and squiggly eye stickers.


It's the day we alternate between going to see my Mother-in-Love or having friends over for dinner.


So for the kids and I, it is our Sabbath, our day of rest, from the busyness that is our lives outside of our four walls and focus on what's inside. 


Proverbs 31: 27  "She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness."

No comments:

Post a Comment