Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Working Heartily

Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.  You are serving the Lord Christ."


I recently became the worship ministry coordinator and women's ministry coordinator at my church.  This is a 12 hour a week job, at least on paper.  I rarely put in less than 20-25 hours with everything that needs to get done.


And while I now have a job that takes me outside of the home, I did not give up being a full-time, homeschooling mama of my two children.  So, I take the kids with me to the office and we do our best to get everything done with as few distractions to them or others as possible.  It doesn't always happen, but it's where God has us right now, and I'm okay with that.


That's because I love my job(s)!!  I love being a mom, I love being their teacher, and I love what I get to do in service of the Lord week in and week out.  


When I first started working at the church, I posted on my facebook account that a job in ministry is less of an employment opportunity as it is a way of life.  It's so true, and although it has its challenges, I am so blessed to be doing what I'm doing.  I don't think that words can describe the fullness and joy that my life brings me now with all that I am doing.


Okay, so my job is at a church or in my home and so it can be pretty easy to see how my work is for the Lord, but God's Word says that's how everyone should work.  Paul doesn't give this command to the pastors of the churches, but as rules for the Christian households.  So no matter what job you have, no matter if you feel it's important or worthy, no matter if it pays you well or not, do it well, because you are doing it for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment